, the commonest term heard both from web design and web development companies and from their clients. Inspite of knowing that this is important for growth on net, many web site owners usually overlook this.
actually spend a lot of their time analysing a website and removing barriers to the search engines to provide high ranks to a site. At the web development level, it is possible to build a site that is perfectly search engine friendly. Database driven websites are although the hardest to handle in this aspect. Listed below are ten of the most common issues that are created, often unknowingly, in the development process of a dynamically generated web site.
1. Pages with duplicate content - When there is not enough differential areas within the pages, so that only small areas of the page change from page to page. It is important that considerable page text changes for the search engines to see an appreciable difference between one page and the next.
2. Pages with duplicate meta descriptions - This causes your site getting penalized for not giving enough information to search engines, and again, creating a unique meta description for every page is an essential SEO task.
3. Pages with duplicate page titles - the page title is a great indicator to the search engines of the primary content of the page. This is often unique on sites such as e-commerce websites, it is often overlooked in other sites, particularly where small areas of the site are generated from a database, such as news pages.
4. Using auto-generation of pages as a shortcut instead of creating good content - Where it is again possible to create pages that have only a tiny percentage difference between them. Databases are fantastic ways of storing information, but you still need to put the work in to fill them with content. Unique information about the subject of the page should be hence put in so as to help both the long tail and the ability of the search engines to determine that a page is valuable.
6. Too many query strings - this is a common bugbear of the professional SEO, where complicated database selections create deep levels of pages, but with seven or eight &id= type strings. Additionally, some bad development methodology can leave pages with null query strings that appear in every URL but don't do anything. The answer to this is generally URL rewrites, creating much more search engine friendly and user-friendly URLs! We know the same and keep inmind while serving the purpose.
7. Query strings put up in such orders that they are different when accessed through different places - this can create duplicate content issues, which can cause major penalties.
8. Not using user friendly language to generate automated pages - when creating a database driven website that uses words in the query strings (or better in rewritten URLs) one should make sure to use words that will help with SEO - if selling widgets, make sure of using the word widgets somewhere in the URL instead of just product= or id= - keyword research can assist with this.
9. Not allowing the meta data and title to be edited easily after the site build - If the generation of meta information into a database is hardcoded, that doesn't allow it to be edited later. Creating a mechanism for modifying this information initially helps everyone at a later stage when the information needs changing .
10. Creating keyword stuffed pages by using auto-generation - Very high densities of keywords are likely to get the site marked down rather than up. So one should be aware when creating pages that long pages with lots of products on can create too high a density. For instance listing computers, good computers, efficient computers, affordable computers is going to create a page with a very dense page for the phrase "computers".
These are just 10 of the most common potential optimisation pitfalls when creating dynamic websites. There are many more facets to producing a great database driven site, including user friendliness, speed, performance and security, but they all add together to make the best solution to your needs. And we at our web design and web development company efficiently take care of the same.